Learn ho to create cool on-page tabs that allow you to toggle between visuals on a Power BI report page.
This approach uses the Power BI 'Bookmark Navigator' feature to create this effect.
In the video I'll cover the following steps:
- Create the visual you want to switch between
- Set up the bookmarks for each visual you want to display, hiding those you don't want to see and showing those you do for each tab
- Group the bookmarks together
- Configure the bookmark navigator to only show the specific group of bookmarks.
- Tidy up the formatting to make the tabs look great.
It's quick and simple and I'll take you step-by-step through the process.
This approach is great if you want to add functionality to your report that allows the report consumer to toggle between different visuals without having to leave a report page.
In this example set up 3 tabs to show different visuals matrix and bar chart visuals related to maintenance backlog.
Download the Power BI file in the resources section here. Note you will need to create a free account to access this resource section.